We adore the Academy Awards ceremony. Who doesn’t? Luckily, while Napa Valley may seem like a long way from L.A., it has a strong tie to movies from the annual Napa Valley Film Festival to the parties thrown for the industry’s biggest night. Here’s a list of our favorite ways to celebrate the stars.
- Champagne! It goes with everything from oysters to french fries. This is a night to splurge so consider a bottle from a producer like Moet or go small and sample a grower’s prized bubbly from Napa’s legendary Back Room Wines inventory. backroomwines.com
- Get out before the big event. Auberge du Soliel, one of the prettiest resorts in Napa Valley, is the place to sip some sparkling before the red carpet is rolled out. Go dressed up and take a selfie on the back deck, where vineyards and mountains make a picturesque background. aubergedusoleil.aubergeresorts.com
- Even your glassware can be glamourous! We have a set of coupe glasses that add a retro twist to bubbles or rosé. We found ours at CB2 but many vintage stores have mixed sets that add to their charm. cb2.com/marie-coupe-cocktail-glass/s465018
- A sparkling Negroni. We can’t drink enough Campari. We love it over ice, mixed into a Negroni and in this version of the Italian classic cocktail elevated up a notch with a splash of sparkling rosé. chandon.com/recipes/sparkling-negroni
- Red, red wine. In honor of the red carpet, we recommend a glass of Cabernet Sauvignon to be sipped at Raymond Vineyards’ Oscar Celebration. Raymond owner, Jean Charles Boisset knows how to throw a party and will surely make Oscar night a memorable one. raymondvineyards.com/
Photos courtesy of Auberge du Soliel, Raymond Vineyards, Domaine Chandon and Olive and Poppy.